Adur Voluntary Action (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is:
Adur Voluntary Action, Community Space, Unit 2 The Co-operative Complex, Ham Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex BN43 6PA
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by electronic means.
Disclosure of your information
We are an independent organisation and we will only disclose information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Adur Voluntary Action, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Subject Access Request”.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser on your device if you agree. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting in your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site while this is active.